Monday, April 4, 2016

                                                                Richard Floyd,
                                             The Deed Not Creed of the US Constitution


     On denying due process in a court of law; yes there is procedure for the ruled "incompetent" and even more damning the ruled as "dangerous", the Fifth and Sixth Amendments of the US Constitution. Outside of my case I forgot more of the circumstances of the cases of others on the MHU-FMC-BOP than I remember. But in the case of my friend Richard Floyd, who I owed big time to, is textbook and his case is stark.

     Richard Floyd was ruled incompetent to stand trial. Okay he was "throw'd" to use the lingo I prefer - mental illness criteria is mostly subjective judgement based on what is the current cultural "normal". And of this ado it is a fact mental ill people are statistically less likely to commit violent offenses than the "normal" population. So how did Richard Floyd become ruled as "dangerous" by the court and subject to commitment for an indefinite span for an alleged non-violent offense of taking a joyride in a car across state lines?

     I read his rap sheet. Outside of the auto theft he had a DUI. Under the heading of History of Violence only one word "None". No sex offenses, no known gang affiliations. He was gainfully employed at Tyson Chicken (Part of his delusion was that Tyson Chicken owned the Federal Bureau of Prisons. With the amount of chicken they do serve for dinner, I did not dismiss this out of hand).

     He was illiterate and thought his rap sheet was a frame-up. I told Floyd most of the inmates on the compound could do with a rap sheet this clean. I could. Knowing him over a year I never saw him once act out violently or aggressively. I once had words with him and he just turned and walked away (I later apologized). And this is a big boy - the reason I owed him big time the way the FBOP likes to jam up with other inmates with  uppity cool-hand-luke types.

     So for a crime he was charged with but never convicted. And for a psych-ruling NOT in his personal history he is in legal limbo, as many others, for an indefinite duration having nothing to do with his criminal charge. In my case of being ruled "incompetent", Judges Don Bush and Richard Schell would NOT allow me to plea NOT to contest the probation-revocation because though never a criminal charge on my probation violation. I was to insist to answer the accusations made by FBI Special Agent Mike Krennick under oath. As how could I invent an individual in Denison TX in 1992 when I first knew of him in Fort Worth Texas in 1985?

     This is how as examples the deed not creed of the US Constitution works. A pork barrel incarceration of relatively benign inmates to lay claim to tax-payers dollars to fatten the coffers of the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Just like any and all pork barrels of the government; from the Pentagon to the National Endowment for the Arts to the National Security Agency. Tax-payers' dollars mean paychecks and perks and job security. When tax dollars are used to solution government created problems.

     And whatever necessary and pragmatic functions the government does serve, it is mainly of facade of legitimacy for the power with the major guns. The explicit agenda of Diogenes Ltd. is to erode this veneer of legitimacy so any guns has the same prerogative as the opposing guns. And locally we have been quite successful in this enterprise. As no police in Denison Texas is considered trustworthy and often just a nuisance with no credibility.

     Although they still have their pork barrels and perks and pay checks and job security. Off the tax-payers' dollars.  --- copyright 2016 Diogenes Ltd.

   
 
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment