Thursday, April 14, 2016

                                                            First Christian Church
                                             In Search of the Lord's Way Lead Me Astray
                                                               In Sunday School


            In the years of 1993 - 1997 I would become a tithing member of the Disciples of Christ.
But Sunday School lead me blase' as to what was to be a Christian. For the other members of the
Sunday School class, they were always grappling with the sins of homosexuality, especially lesbianism. And teenagers safeguarding their virginity was also a hot one on the list.

           My wife and I were having no problems with the sins of homosexuality and lesbianism. And we were not teenagers in need of safeguarding our virginity. So we left the faith.

           And I would feel that I wasted my 10% tithing of a janitorial income. But as it only averaged out to about 23 dollars every Sunday, I spent at least that much at the bar where we would go after service. As my wife and I were not ones to struggle much of any sin in drinking, although sometimes we would have maybe a little too much to drink and then the barkeep would tell us and the girl we would pick up to find a room.  -- copyright 2016 Diogenes Ltd.

   


     

No comments:

Post a Comment